What We Believe
God is the loving creator of all that exists. God is eternal, completely good, knowing all things, having all power and majesty. God exists as the Trinity in three persons, yet one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. God passionately desires a relationship with us.
- Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."
- II Corinthians 13:14 "May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all."
- I John 1:10 "This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins."
God expressed himself in human form through Jesus Christ, the Son of God, born of the virgin, Mary. He lived a sinless life, was crucified for the sin of us all, was buried, rose again from the dead, and ascended to heaven.
- John 1:14 "The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."
- I Corinthians 15:3-5 "Christ died for our sins- according to the Scriptures, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Peter and then to the twelve."
The Holy Spirit, sent from God to live inside all who believe in Jesus Christ, teaches, comforts and empowers us, giving each of us diverse gifts, fostering unity, Christ-like character, and love.
- Ephesians 3:16 "He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being."
- John 14:26 "the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things."
- I Corinthians 12:7 "Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good."
- Galatians 5:22 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.”
The Bible is the final authority in all we believe and practice. God's Word is without error or mixture and true in all matters.
- II Timothy 3:16-17 "All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."
We are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. Only Jesus forgives sins.
- Ephesians 2:8-9 "It is by grace you have been saved, through faith, and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not by works, so no one can boast."
- John 14:6 "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
Assurance of Salvation
Once saved always saved. Believers cannot lose salvation.
- 1 John 5:13 "These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.”
- John 10:28 "And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand."
Priesthood of Believers
Every believer is a minister. Believers have direct access to God through Jesus. We confess our sin directly to God.
- I Peter 2:9 "You are a chosen people, a royal priesthood"
- I John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive"
- Ephesians 2:18 "For through Him we both have access to the Father"
Baptism is by immersion after conversion as a public demonstration of faith in Christ as Savior. Baptism is symbolic of Christ's death, burial, and resurrection.
- Matthew 28:19 "Go make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."
- Romans 6:4 "We are therefore buried with Him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life."
The Lord's Supper
The bread and the juice are symbolic of the body and blood of Christ. The Lord’s Supper is a memorial of the saving work of Christ on the cross. It is a time when we remember Christ’s death and confess our sins.
- I Corinthians 11:23-24 "The Lord Jesus on the night he was betrayed, took bread, and gave thanks, he broke it and said, This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me."